What are cookies?
First things first: if you are under 13 years old, you need to make sure you have your mum, dad or other guardian’s approval to use this site.
When you use our site we may end up with some information about you. This notice lets you know what information we receive, and what we do with it.
You have rights to ensure that if you don’t like what we are doing with your personal information, you can tell us to stop. If you want to do this, or make any other requests, you should contact us, by emailing us at email@example.com.
What information do we use?
There are a few different types of information we might receive of yours, depending on how you use our site. We might receive:
• Your name and email address
• Any other information you provide if you email us
• Technical information your computer, tablet or phone tells us, like w the device (e.g. an iPad or PC) you are using.
How we use your information?
We use the information listed above either because:
• We have asked you and you or your guardian have agreed;
• We have thought about it and we think it is fair on you (and us) to do so.
We will use your information:
• To recognise you when you come back to our site, and provide you with content that is better suited to you;
• To send you the newsletters and other relevant information that we said we would;
• To respond to you when you contact us, or otherwise deal with any of your requests;
• To do our homework on who is using our site and our services; and
• To run a safe and lawful school and share information with those who help us to do this.
How we share your information?
We have people who help us to carry out our business. These people help us to run our website and understand how it is being used.
If we sell part of our school to another school or company, all of the information we have collected about you will be sold with it.
We may also need to provide your information to people who advise us (like lawyers and accountants), or organisations who regulate what we do.
How we look after your information and how long we keep it for?
We take a number of steps to ensure that any of the information we hold of yours is secure and protected.
We will only hold onto your information for as long as we need it to provide the services you have requested from us. We may hold onto your information for longer if we think we will need it for legal claims that could be made against us.
Where we store your information?
We are based in the UK and generally we will only hold your information in the UK.
Your rights to the information we hold about you?
You have the right at any time:
• To ask us to stop sending you newsletters and to delete any information (like your email address) that we hold for that reason;
• To find out what information we have about you;
• To ask us to stop doing anything with the information we have about you;
• To request a detailed summary of the information we have about you free of charge.
You also have the right at any time to:
• Complain about us to the person who protects your privacy rights in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk);
• Change your mind about our having your information;
• Ask us to stop using any of your personal information;
• Let us know if you think our use of your personal information is unfair; and
• Ask us to correct, delete, limit or stop using any of your personal information.
We may make changes to this notice from time to time. We will post any changes to our site, or let you know by sending you an email.